Music is a fantastic topic for conversation due to the huge variety of genres and musical tastes that exist. Talking about music can bring people together, and there are so many topics you can talk about. You can talk about your favorite bands and genres, the last concert or festival you went to, the feelings you have when you listen to music, and so much more.
Below you’ll find many conversation questions about music you can use to start a conversation about this fun and interesting topic. If you would like to download and print these music conversation questions, you can do so at the bottom of the page. Let’s get started.
Conversation Questions About Music
- When do you usually listen to music?
- What kind of music makes you want to dance?
- Have you ever been to a music festival?
- What was the first album you ever bought?
- What devices do you use to listen to music?
- Can you play any musical instruments?
- Is music a big part of your life?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What music do you listen to when you’re feeling down?
- Is there any song that makes you emotional when you hear it?
- Do you ever listen to classical music?
- What was the first concert you ever went to?
- Do you ever listen to music from other countries?
- What music can’t you stand?
- Do your parents like the music you listen to?
- Do you have any favorite lyrics from a song?
- When you exercise, do you listen to music?
- Do you listen to music when you are doing housework?
- How often do you listen to music?
- Have you ever downloaded music illegally?
- What’s your favorite radio station?
- If you had the chance, which famous pop star would you like to meet?
- Have you ever listened to Kpop music?
- Do you have a favorite app you use to listen to music?
- What’s the last song that got ‘stuck in your head’?