Talking about food is a fantastic conversation topic. Food and eating is such a big part of many peoples’ lives and culture and everyone has favorite and least favorite foods. Below you’ll find 30 food conversation questions you can ask to start a fun conversation about food in your class.
Related: Food Worksheets
Food Conversation Questions
Be careful! These conversation starters about food may make your students hungry.
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite cuisine?
- What’s your go-to recipe?
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- Do you think breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
- Do you like trying new foods?
- Do you have any food allergies?
- Do you ever order delivery food?
- How often do you eat fast food?
- What’s your favorite pizza toping?
- How often do you eat fruit?
- What food do you hate?
- Have you ever ordered food in a foreign language?
- What was the last meal you cooked?
- Have you ever had breakfast in bed?
- How much can you eat at an all-you-can-eat buffet?
- What is the most expensive meal you have ever eaten?
- What dessert do you love to eat?
- Do you like to drink hot drinks?
- If you could only eat one thing for a year, what would it be?
- Which herbs and spices do you regularly cook with?
- What is the strangest food you have ever tried?
- Have you ever baked a cake?
- What food do you like to eat on your birthday?
- What’s your favorite meal of the day?
- Who do you usually eat meals with?
- Which one is better? A picnic in the park or a meal in a restaurant?
- Which one do you prefer? Cake or ice cream?
- Do you ever eat leftover food?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant?