Writing about yourself is an excellent topic because as you write, you are likely to discover more about your hopes and dreams, your likes and dislikes, and your future goals. However, writing about yourself can be tricky, so we have put together these 30 writing prompts for writing about yourself.
These writing prompts can be used to guide students as they write an essay about themselves. If you would like to print these writing prompts, you can do so at the bottom of the page.
Writing About Yourself Writing Prompts
Use these writing prompts to help you write about yourself!
- What things make you happy?
- What things make you sad?
- What’s your dream job?
- What is your favorite subject at school?
- What country would you love to visit?
- How many people are in your family?
- What is your favorite meal or dish?
- What’s your favorite time of year?
- What are you good at?
- What skill would you like to have in the future?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Who’s your favorite person in the whole world?
- Which celebrity would you like to meet?
- What food do you hate?
- If you could live anyway, where would you live?
- What’s your earliest childhood memory?
- What’s your favorite place in your hometown?
- Write about a time you made a friend or family member laugh.
- Write about your bedroom. What’s it like?
- Write about the things you have in common with your parents.
- What things scare you the most?
- Write about a dream you have had recently.
- Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Who do you like spending time with the most?
- What do you do when you have time alone?
- Write about someone who has inspired you in the past.
- What would your dream vacation be like?
- What is the best present you have ever received?
- Do you have any bad habits? What are they?