Fourth grade students have a fantastic imagination and can be very creative given the chance. When it comes to writing, sometimes 4th grade students need a little push in the right direction. Below you’ll find 30 fun and creative 4th grade writing prompts that are guaranteed to inspire creativity and elicit students personal thoughts and feelings. You’ll also find a printable PDF of these writing prompts so you can easily print and distribute them to your fourth grade students.
4th Grade Writing Prompts
- What superpower would you have if you could choose one?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Write a story about a time when you were really scared.
- What will the world be like in 100 years?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?
- Write a story about a time when you faced a challenge.
- What are some things that make you happy?
- If you had a magic wand and could create any invention, what would you make?
- What do you think is the most important invention of all time, and why?
- Who is your hero, and why?
- What things are you passionate about?
- How can we solve the problem of bullying in schools?
- Explain what it means to have courage.
- What does it mean to be responsible?
- Why is it important to be honest?
- What would you do if you had a time machine?
- Have you ever volunteered for something?
- Who do you look up to the most?
- Write about a time when you have had to overcome fear.
- What would you do if you had a magic lamp with a genie inside?
- Write a story about going on an adventure with your best friend.
- If you had a magic carpet and could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Imagine you are a wild animal. Write about your daily routine.
- Write about someone important to you and explain why they are special.
- If you could invent anything, what would it be, and how would it work?
- Write about a time when something made you really angry.
- Imagine you are a toy in a toyshop. What do you get up to when the store is closed?
- If a magic frog gave you one wish, what would you wish for?
I hope these writing prompts help your 4th grade students discover just how much they love writing! If you want more topics, check out these related articles:
Fun Adventure Writing Prompts and Story Ideas
Fun Fantasy Writing Prompts For Kids
Quick Writing Prompts